Friday 14 November 2008

Legal Love through Poetry

LAW

I choose to pursue the legal path,
For many years a voice within me hath,
Longed to help the cheated and oppressed,
And with that opportunity I have been blessed

I choose law though they are many,
Who ridicule my passion and naivety,
I hope that someday they will come to realise
That a strong will can make dreams materialise.

I choose law so when I speak,
For the voiceless and the meek,
People will sit up and pay attention,
To the world’s plight and affliction.

I choose law so that each day can be filled,
With a renewed chance to let injustice be killed,
To know I didn’t sit in silence and complacency
And to my children I’ll leave that legacy.

I choose law for the knowledge it bestows on me,
Fills my being with confidence and dignity,
To know each case won might
Help someone sleep better at night.

I choose law not for the money
But for the smile on the faces of many
I refuse to become like the ones who prey,
On the vulnerable to advance their selfish way.

I choose law for I truly feel,
That it’s my purpose according to His will,
To fight the battle in my own way,
So others can awake to a brighter day.


By Trishelea Ann Sandosam

No comments: